Days 26 & 27 Research is coming!

        Today was such a relief. Last week, I visited the doctor and was advised to start decreasing my medication intake for the autoimmune disease I have. As a result, two days ago my left eye started visibly inflaming. These inflammations are always followed by headaches and swelling around the area. It affected my mood, as well, because I was hoping that I could be off the medication permanently. Yesterday I used the steroids, and today I am feeling better. I made sure to capitalize on my well being today, and made bigger progress.
        First, I shifted gears from writing teamwork to contributing to the book development process. I realized that writing teamworks for 8 hours a day took out all the joy out of the internship/research process for me, and I simply stopped being excited about starting my workdays. Today I continued learning materials of the book, primarily chapters 9 and 10. I really enjoy learning more about the tools in Data Science, especially machine learning. I am hoping that this could be an area of my PhD research in the future.
        At the end of the day Imma, Sandesh and I met with Dr. Jan, and we discussed the final research paper that each team member is supposed to produce by the end of the Summer Institute. We received some guidance from Dr. Jan, however, I personally still felt slightly confused about the exact topic that we were tackling. Then, we had an hour-long meeting with Dr. Jones. We reviewed all of our potential interview questions and answered some important questions about the ultimate goal of our research. While we still do not know the precise goal of the study, we figured out the area which we are interested in targeting - Education CS. Today the team will meet up to start reviewing the literature around our interests within the area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 20: Fall is Around the Corner

Days 28, 29 & 30 Autoimmune Disease as a Part of Life